RITES QA Division caters to the procurement needs of clients in terms of quality, quantity and specifications of plant, equipment and bought out materials. This division renders Third Party Inspection and vendor assessment services in India and abroad to large number of clients both in Government and Private sector. It is a leading Inspection agency in India. Laboratory testing services are also provided by the division with labs at Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi. The division headquarter is at Corporate office, Gurugram with five regional offices located at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bhilai and various sub regional offices spread all over India. Services in the field of Capacity and capability Assessment of manufacturers as well as technical assessment under single point registration scheme of NSIC are also provided by this division
SPREAD & TEAM OF QA DIVISION
A highly trained team of about 300 engineers spread over a network of 5 regional offices having various sub-regional offices across the country are committed to respond to the clients' needs promptly. The contact details & addresses of Regional Inspection offices, Inspection related information available on the Website: https://ritesinsp.com/RBS/
SPECTRUM OF SERVICES
- Third Party Inspection (TPI) of hi-tech products like power transmission and distribution systems, heat exchangers, heavy pressure vessels, alloy steel forgings and electronic equipments on behalf of prestigious clients including Port Trusts, NTPC and State Public Health Engineering Departments.The division also carries out inspection of Rails, Plant and Machinery, Wheel sets, Wheel and Axle, Springs and other components of rolling stock in India as well as abroad. Third party inspection work abroad for various items was conducted in Japan, China, USA, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Finland, Germany, France etc for Indian Railways and wagon manufacturers. Bhilai unit of division is the only unit in India having expertise in Rail inspection. All the rails procured by Indian Railways are inspected by this unit of QA division at Bhilai Steel Plant Bhilai and Jindal Steel and Power Plant at Raigarh. This unit also has expertise in inspection of Head hardened rails used for DFCCIL and metro projects. Linkage with TPI photos
- Vendor assessment services- On behalf of Indian Railways, other Central/State Govt. Bodies in India & abroad in countries like USA.
- Quality Assurance services activities – Foreign railway systems in Srilanka, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Iraq and Botswana.
- Accredited Laboratory: RITES has laboratory accredited to NABL (ISO/IEC 17025) with testing facilities including:
- Mechanical Testing (Ferrous & Non-ferrous Products)
- Metallurgical Testing (Ferrous & Non-ferrous Products)
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Rubber & Plastic
- Oil Grease & Lubricant
- Paint & Varnish
- Textile & Leather Products
- Inspection of 6 MG in-servie Diesel Electric Locomotives to ICS, Senegal
- Inspection of spare parts of rolling stock to Sri Lanks, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Mozambique and Senegal.
Name of Clients in India and Abroad
Following are the major clients to whom RITES is extending its specialized services in the form of Quality Assurance/Third Party Inspection.
- Standing authorised inspection agency for Indian Railways. In addition to pre-despatch inspection within India, Inspection carried out in USA, Canada, Germany and China on behalf of Indian Railways & Private/Public Sectors.
- The division has considerably enhanced its business with Indian Railway production units, DFCCIL, COFMOW, Railway Electrification, RVNL, IRCON, Indian Railway Station Development Corporation Ltd etc.
- In addition this division is associated with almost all Metro projects under construction and other major infrastructure projects across India.
- Division is also associated with prestigious non railway clients like TATA, L&T, GMR, DilipBuildcon, JSPL, KPTL, KEC etc.
- The division is also working for reputed Non Railway clients in Government sector like, Rourkela Steel Plant, Durgapur Steel Plant, Bhilai Steel Plant, BHEL, Oil PSU’s, NTPC, State PHED’s, State Electricity boards/Utilities, Smart city projects, State rural and Urban development projects etc.
- This division is also associated with SAIL for providing Third party inspection services for inspection of long products at their conversion and wet leasing agents across India.
- RITES QA Division is having ISO: 17020 certifications, a specialized certification relating to conformance criteria of Inspection bodies accorded by NABCB (a body under Quality Council of India) covering large number of sectors.
- QA division laboratories in Eastern and Western Region are accredited and conforming to rigorous ISO/IEC17025 requirements by NABL.
- RITES experts are also part of various Standards Formulation committees of Bureau of Indian Standards to share its expertise for constant up gradation of national standards, thereby enhancing its contribution to quality movement at the national level.